Please help someone to make a new start
Did you know?
- 48% of adults are re-convicted within one year of being released. For those serving sentences of less than 12 months, this increases to 64%.
- 58% of women are re-convicted within one year of leaving prison. This rises to 73% for sentences of less than 12 months.
- 24% of prisoners were taken into care as a child, compared to 2% of the general population.
- The prison population is projected to rise by a further 3,200 places by March 2023. *
- The average annual cost of a prison place in England and Wales is £40,843.
- The average annual cost for us to support a client to make a new start is £751.
Support SWCC financially
Your support will make a significant difference in the lives of people leaving prison as they readjust to life on the outside. If you would like to support us, you can in any of these ways;
By setting up a regular payment or one-off donation from your bank by using our bank details. Our sortcode is 40-52-40 and our account number is 00017859. Please do let us know if you do this, so that we can identify your payment as we receive it, and thank you appropriately! Please consider completing and sending us a gift aid form if you are a UK Taxpayer – it will make your gift worth 25% more to us at no cost to you.
By sending us a cheque. Please make cheques payable to SWCC Ltd and consider downloading and filling out a donation form so that we can thank you properly. Also, if you are a UK Taxpayer please consider downloading and completing a gift aid form to make your donation worth 25% more to us, at no extra cost to you!